Our Ultimate List: 101 Startup Blog Post Ideas
Every startup needs a good blog on their website. Blogs not only give you a designated space to publish your startup’s latest news, but it’s also a great place to share a bit more about your culture and story.
To help you get started, here are 100 awesome blog topics for a startup’s blog.
Top Startup Blog Topics
- The Origins of [Your Startup’s Name]
Customers, journalists, and potential investors can’t help but love a good story. Share a bit about what inspired your startup, how you got your start, and where your founders are from.
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About [Your Industry]
Especially as a new startup, it’s important to assert yourself in your industry and show the world that you know your market inside out. Use this article topic to share hidden secrets or inside scoop that your audience may not know about.
- Top 20 Startups in the [Your Industry] Space
It’s important to show that you are a part of the startup community – and highlighting other successful startups in a blog is a great way to build that network. You don’t necessarily need to highlight your competitors, but you can still share some of your favorites with your fans and customers.
- Startups We’re Watching in 2020
Find a few up and coming startups and give them a feature in your blog. This is not only a great way to show that you are a part of the broader startup community, but it also shows to your readers that your business is ahead of the curve.
- How We Helped [X Company] Achieve [Record Growth/Sales/Engagement]
If you don’t have time to write a full case study about a specific success story, your blog is the next best place to document that. Don’t be afraid to share with readers what you do, how you help, and how that impacts your clients and customers.
- Inside Scoop: Meet the [Experts/Designers/Engineers] Behind our Latest Product Launch
Readers love feeling like they have the inside scoop behind a brand or product. Use your blog as a place to highlight the people behind your latest launch. This could be anyone from your marketing team to product designers – whoever it is, give your readers a behind the scenes look at what’s going on.
- Smart Strategies for Growing Your Business
As a startup, you’ve probably had some growing pains and have learned a lot on your journey. Share some of those learnings with other startups and small businesses – it shows readers that you care!
- Q&A With [Name of Industry Leader]
If you have access to industry leaders in your market, politely ask them if you can do a Q&A with them. Readers love hearing from big names in your field, and it’s a great way to attract readers (and potential customers) to your website.
- A Day in the Life of Our Development Team
What’s life at your startup like? People are nosy and they love reading about what it’s like to work at other places. This is also a great topic if your startup is trying to recruit new talent. Potential hires want to know all about your culture – and letting them in on a ‘day in the life’ is a great way to show them.
- Top Ten [Your Industry] Podcasts You Should be Listening to This Year
What podcasts do your leaders, designers, developers, or engineers listen to? Even if it’s not related to work, an article like this is still a great way to show off your company culture and your expertise.
- [New Product]: Everything You Need to Know
If you have a new product, it’s likely that any potential customers, fans, or journalists will have a lot of questions about it. To mitigate getting loads of questions in your inbox, create an article with everything your readers need to know ahead of time. This is a great way to clarify features, address FAQ’s, and highlight key selling points.
- How [Product/Service] Can Help You Save Time and Money
Most of the time, potential customers only really care about what’s in it for them. If your product saves people time or money – share that on your blog by highlighting exactly how your product/service does just that.
- 5 Instagram Accounts We Can’t Get Enough of This Month
If your startup is active on Instagram, it’s important to be active in that community and praise what others are doing. Try to choose accounts that complement your industry well. This is also a great way to lay the groundwork for building future relationships and partnerships.
- Top 20 Ways to Save Time at Work This Year
This is a great article topic if your startup saves people time at work. Share a few ways your product/service saves time, and then highlight other ways people can save time at work. For inspiration, look into your own tech stack and ask what your employees do to save time.
- What Great Startups Do Differently
This is another topic that can help to position your startup as a leader in your industry. Spotlight what you admire about what other successful startups over time have done and how they do it.
- Our Christmas List
One of the best blog topics for startup ecommerce is to create a Christmas list for what your startup wants for Christmas. This is a great place to mention your own products and if applicable, any partner’s products.
- Our Monday Playlist
Playlists are a great way to connect with audiences because people just love having new music to listen to! Craft a playlist with songs that reflect your culture, and share this playlist with your fans and followers.
- What We’re Reading – 10 Book Recommendations for the Long Weekend
If there is a holiday or long weekend coming up, use that timing as a way to share what your founders or team are reading. This is a great way to showcase what your team enjoys, what is influencing them, and where they are seeking inspiration.
- How [Name of Influential Entrepreneur] Has Inspired Our Business Model
If your startup was inspired by an influential leader’s approach to business, tell your fans that! They will love reading about your origins and reasons for why you do things the way you do.
- Never Heard of [Your Niche]? Here’s Everything You Need to Know
Many potential customers may not have even heard about your niche yet! Make them feel welcome on your blog by giving them an introduction to your specific industry – who knows, they may want to make a purchase!
- Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Follow Us on Twitter
This is a great blog topic if your startup is super active on Twitter. Maybe you use it to discuss industry topics – or maybe you use it as a channel for customer service. Either way, share how you use this channel and why your audience should follow you.
- Sneak Peek: A Behind the Scenes Look at [Unreleased Product]
Reward your blog readers with inside knowledge about an upcoming product launch. Share a few photos and highlight some key features that you’ve never shared before. This is also a great way for your blog or startup to be picked up by other bloggers/news publications.
- Tutorial: How to [use a new product/service]
If you have a complicated product/service, create a tutorial on your blog that may be helpful for users. You probably already have the information internally or in a product manual, so all it takes is adapting the information into a blog article.
- Common Problems With [Your Product/Service] Solved
This is a great topic to consult your customer service team on. Ask them if there are any common customer problems that can easily be addressed in an article. If you make these tips available as a blog, you may be able to reduce your overall number of service requests.
- Blog Roundup: Our 10 Favorite Articles from This Year
This is a great article that you can publish at the end of the year. Share your top ten favorite blog articles that you published over the year, and highlight them again in a new blog. You never know, one might just go viral again.
- Which e-Newsletters We Are Subscribed to in [Insert Year]
If your team subscribes to e-newsletters to stay up to date with trending topics, share those with your readers! They will love learning about what you read, and what influences your team.
- The Top Ten Lessons We’ve Learned Since Our Initial Launch
Every startup has learned important lessons about business and life throughout their journey. Share these learnings with others – they will enjoy looking back at your experiences and may even want to take some of your advice.
- Our Biggest Failure – And How We’ve Overcome It
Always talking about successes can get a bit boring. Use this opportunity to highlight your startup’s biggest failure. Readers will appreciate your honesty and will admire you for your resilience.
- Employee Spotlight: [Designer/Engineer Name] Shares Top Tips for Finding Inspiration
Spotlighting your employees is a great way to show your team that you care about them. Let them take over the blog for the week and create an article sharing their own top tips.
- Top 5 Markets We’re Watching in [Current Year]
If your industry is about to be shaken up by new markets or entrants, let readers know that you’re on top of it! Share with them which markets you’re watching, how that might influence your industry, and how your startup is responding.
- After Hours: Our Team’s Quirkiest Hobbies
Your blog doesn’t have to always be about business! Readers also enjoy simply learning more about your team. Spotlight some of your team’s quirkiest hobbies. It shows that you value individuals, and it also shows that you value work-life balance.
- A Beginner’s Guide to [Your Product/Service]
If you have a new product or service launching soon, it is a good idea to create a beginner’s guide for new users. This is a great way to work out any kinks and FAQs ahead of time – alleviating your customer service team.
- Out and About: How We’ve Been Making a Difference in the Community
Corporate social responsibility is super important – even for startups! If you work with a community organization or charity, don’t be afraid to talk about it! Share a few photos of your team out and about in the community, and take a moment to share what your startup’s core values are.
- 10 [Your Industry] Trends for [Upcoming Year]
This is a great topic to publish at the beginning of the year. Your readers want to follow trending and up to date topics, so share with them your perspective and what you’re watching in the new year.
- 5 Questions You Should Ask Before Purchasing a [Product Type]
Your product/service might not be the right fit for everyone – and that’s okay! Share with readers 5 questions that they should ask themselves before purchasing one of your products. This is a great way to weed out anyone who might not be a fit while also encouraging those who are.
- 6 Signs You Might Need [Your Product]
Similar to the above topic, this topic is a great way to highlight the key pain points that your product/service solves. Potential customers will be able to identify with your points, and will be encouraged to learn more about how to make a purchase.
- Blogs We Can’t Get Enough of in [Year]
It’s likely that your founders or team members actively read other popular blogs in your industry. Highlight these blogs in an article, and perhaps others will do the same for your blog.
- 10 Things No One Tells You About the [Your Industry]
If you are new to a market or industry, you may have some insights or critiques about it. This topic is a great way to share those thoughts with readers.
- [Company]’s New [Product Name] and Why We Can’t Get Enough of it
This topic idea is a great way to spotlight a partner startup’s product! The startup community is all about sharing the love, so make room for your partners and champion their work.
- How to [Function of Your Product/Service]
This topic is the perfect way to address complicated functions/features of a specific product or service that you sell. If you’re not quite sure what your customers need help with, ask your customer service team for inspiration.
- [Company Product] vs. [Other Company Product]: Which Do We Prefer?
Does your startup have a strong opinion about one of your key ingredients or materials you need to make your product? Use this article as a way to show your expertise, and let your audience know why you choose one over the other.
- Life at [Your Company] – What New Hires Can Expect
This is a great article to run if you are trying to recruit new team members. Share a bit about what new hires can expect when working at your company, and show off how great of a working environment you have!
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About [Your Company]
Was your startup founded in a garage? Did your founding members play on the same baseball team in middle school? Whatever quirky facts you have about yourself, share them with your audience in an easy to read list.
- What’s for Lunch? Our Favorite Lunch Spots in [Your city]
Everyone loves talking about food – and what better way to discuss that than by championing your favorite lunch spots in your own community? This is also a great way to show that you care about other businesses around you.
- Interview: [Industry Expert] on [Any Topic]
People love reading interviews with experts in their field. Catch up with a speaker at a conference or hit up another startup founder that you admire and ask them questions about their life, what they’re up to, and what they’re passionate about.
- Five Ways [Your Product/Service] Just Makes Life Better
Why should customers buy your product or service? Without being too ‘salesy’, highlight the benefits in a list of five ways that your product makes life better.
- My Thoughts on [Current Market Trend] – A Note from [Company Name’s] CEO
Your startup’s CEO needs to be positioned as an influencer and critical thinker in your field. Encourage them to write a piece about their thoughts and insights on a current trending topic.
- A Peek Inside: Our [Team/Department’s] Tech Stack for [Task/Process]
Photoshop? Trello? Discord? Your nerdy readers will love reading about what your startup’s tech stack is. Share a list of everything your team uses to make the magic happen!
- How Our Customer, [Customer/Company Name], Uses [Your Product] Daily
It’s great to talk about your product’s core benefits, but it’s also a good idea to show your audience what using your product is actually like on a daily basis. Ask one of your best customers if you can spotlight how they use your product.
- Our Latest Product Launch – Everything You Need to Know
Got a launch coming up? Share everything your audience needs to know about your new product or service. This can include pricing structure, key features, origin story, and where they can buy it once it’s launched!
If you are still looking for even more blog ideas for your startup, take a look at these 50 additional suggestions.
- A Complete Guide to [Your Product]
- How to Tell if You are Getting the Most out of [Your Product/Service]
- 10 Key Facts About the [Your Industry]
- 5 Essential Tips for Busy [Your Target Audience]
- Weird but Effective Tips for Getting the Most out of Your [Product]
- Five Things a Tech Start-up Needs in [This Year]
- A No-Brainer’s Guide to: [Market challenge]
- Problem With [Product functionality]? Here’s How You Can Fix it
- Are You Doing (Problem)? Do This Instead!
- 5 Powerful Ways to Change Your [Business Process]
- 10 Smart Strategies for Businesses in the [Your Industry]
- Creating the Perfect [Solution] – How [Your Product] Can Help
- 5 Ways [Your Industry] Will Change This Year
- What [Industry Leaders] Are Talking About on LinkedIn – And Why You Should Know
- Our Experience at [Industry Event] – Here’s What We’ve Learned
- The Ugly Truth About [Your Industry]
- Our Latest Presentation at [Conference Name]
- 50 Hacks Every [Target Audience] Should Knowe
- 10 Myths of the [Your Industry] Debunked
- 10 Things We’re Asking Santa For This Christmas
- 5 Webinars We Can’t Get Enough Of
- 3 Ways [Your Product] Is Rocking the [Your Industry] Industry
- Our Favorite [And Free!] Resources for the [Your Industry]
- The Top 10 People in the [Your Industry] That We Wanna Meet and Why
- What Scares the Most About the [Your Industry] Industry and Why
- Throwback: The First Day at [Your Startup’s Name]
- 5 Headlines for Monday that You Need to Know About
- Our Favorite Social Media Campaigns in the [Your Industry] Industry
- Why We’re Different [And Better] Than [Competitor]
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Sign Up to Our Newsletter
- Case Study: How [Your Company] Helped [Client]
- What’s Next for [Your Company]?
- Get to Know Us: An Exclusive Q&A With Our Development Team
- 10 Benefits of Being a [Your Company Name] Customer
- Meet the Team – 10 Fun Facts About Our Marketing Team
- #Rant – What’s Grinding Our Gears in [Year]
- Which [Your Industry’s Influencers] to Watch in [Upcoming Year]
- The Most Creative Ways Our Customers Use Our Products
- 10 Things We’re Thankful for This Thanksgiving
- Our Top Posts of [Previous Year]
- Our Favorite Marketing Tools of [This Year]
- What We’re Improving at [Your Company] This Year
- Best [Your Industry] Films of This Year
- Top 5 Must-Read Books for [Target Audience]
- How We Stay Productive – A Look Inside Our Headquarters
- Book Review: What We Liked And Didn’t Like About [Industry Book]
- A-Z of Working in [Your Industry]
- The History of [Your Product] – What You Might Not Know
- Our Newest Hire – Meet [Employee Name and Role]
- 10 [Your Industry] YouTube Channels We Can’t Get Enough Of